Saturday 16 May 2009

Zero + 4

Me again.
He's feeling a little bit better and although still nauseous has stopped being sick. As expected his blood counts are dropping rapidly and his hb is low so they have cross matched him for a blood transfusion, which he should get later today or tomorrow morning. Hopefully it will make him feel better. (Thanks to all you blood donors out there!)
He is really tired and is currently having an afternoon nap so I'm updating this page whilst I'm sitting here with him. Anyway he may feel up to posting himself later but I know everyone wants to know how things are going so thought I would do it for now.
Sam is on his way back from Plymouth; it will be good to see him and I know he's keen to see his Dad. The girls have been in this week but are busy revising at home today.
Will let you know how things go.
Jeanette x

5 comments:

Phil said...

Can't think of anything witty (no change there then) but wanted to send my best to all of you.

Charlie you'll be flabbergasted to hear I was crossing with Tipple this afternoon - I seem to have gained the mantle of spring barley expert and have had to make countless crosses all with Tipple and Optic. Each and every one through gritted teeth.

Karen said...

Hi Jeanette
Thinking about you both. Hope you managed at least one early night this week and not feeling too exhausted.
Give Charles all our love and tell him we're all thinking about him and hoping he feels more like his normal self soon. Lots of love to Sam, Ali and Rosie too (thanks Rosie for your lovely note).
Karen xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanette and Charles. Hope tomorrow brings a better day. I must admit being in the USA I don't understand some of your English language..such as "crossing with Tipple this afternoon - I seem to have gained the mantle of spring barley expert and have had to make countless crosses all with Tipple and Optic. Each and every one through gritted teeth." I have no idea what this means...it may as well be French to me! Maybe it's better that I don't know. I find it facinating though. If I had to guess what it means I would say...Phil and Tipple crossed a bridge or something today and he and Tipple had a lot of beer (barley expert) to drink while crossing this dangerous bridge with another friend named Optic. Am I relatively close? If not, I hope you have a good laugh.
Hang tough, Gerry

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and the family.
Just a few more days and those little cells should start to do their work!
Love
Monika & Barrie x

Neil said...

Hi both
Just quick note to say glad ya feelin al little better and i really hope ya feeling a lot better soon. Was going to add couple of jokes buy will save them for when ya feelin better charles |(although they aren't that gud maybe i should just keep em to me self!). Catch up soon Neil x