Tuesday 5 May 2009

Hickman day

My Hickman line was put in today, quite an easy procedure from my point of view, although I did warn them that finding a vein in the back of my hand wasn't going to be easy. "It won't be a problem", said the doctor, who then proceeded to dig about with a needle for 10 minutes or so, which has left me with a swollen hand and some nice bruising. Oh well, the line is in now and will be my friend for the next couple of months, and it will save me further bruising and puncture wounds.
J and I managed to get a few courgette (zucchini) seeds in the ground this afternoon which is great. As usual we'll have too many and have to be creative with method of preparation. Someone gave me a recipe last year. Take 5 or 6 medium size courgettes, grate them into a bowl and then put them on the compost heap. It seems to work quite well.
I was expecting to be admitted tomorrow and begin treatment with my melphalan infusion, but I just found out that they don't have a bed for me. I hope to find out by midday if I can go in tomorrow evening.
I'll keep you posted

2 comments:

DL said...

As you are new to blogging and I have never been on a blog, it seems appropriate that I leave the first comment. As you know, your hair and my beard are the same colour and texture, so if you hair falls out I am happy to grow a beard and then weave it into a small hairpiece for you.

Phil said...

Not that I'm ageing at an alarming rate or anything, but some of my chest hair seems to be turning into a suitable replacement hairpiece too. Perhaps not as curly as your famous "microphone head" locks, but nonetheless not a bad likeness. And of course, if needs must, you're very welcome to them....

Hang in there - thinking of you