Friday 1 May 2009

Date for day 0

Today I found out the date for my admission for the transplant. I am due to go in next Wednesday, which is day 0 minus 1, and receive the chemo, and then on the Thursday -Day 0- receive the stem cells. All rather exciting really. I had a tour round the ward this morning after clinic, which seemed really nice. Clinic involved the usual blood tests this week but also a chest X-ray and an ECG. No problems reported.
This afternoon when we got back A and I took some of the greenery we cut down at the weekend to the dump which tidied things up a bit. We stopped in at my work on the way back for a cup of tea. Nice to see everyone.
I'm still surprised by how tiring a full day is. I hope to still get my evening walk in half an hour or so, it's brightened up a bit so it should be nice.

1 comment:

Bellesmam said...

Hi. I actually wanted to comment on the more recent post, but if I chose comment, it was like I was commenting on DL. So i too am a newbie :)

Since you didnt update, I am not sure if they found you a bed or not. But in any case... strength. We are thinking about you.

kisses and Hugs

Lil B and Me