Saturday 30 May 2009

Day 18 - early

Woke up at 5 this morning. Bit excited. Found myself planting some spare tomato's in the border before 6. Must remember to take it easy...
Great to arrive home last night, although it was a bit of a last minute deal with the doctors. Spent the first hour at home being sick, so that was nice for everybody. Pretty exhausted last night , but it was really nice to feel the sun and the breeze.
DL - the pedals are fixed. What I didn't tell you was that I also bought one. A Mercian Strada Speciale. So I can hang that up next to Jeanette's when it goes rusty (www.merciancycles.co.uk)
Look forward to the Pimms, Helen.
I'm not out of the woods yet folks. I still have no immunity. So I need to gradually expose myself.. no I need to gradually become exposed to the myriad of infections out there. I'm down to about 14 stones/88Kg/196lbs, most of which is muscle wastage rather than fat loss, exercise is required, which I hope to build up gradually. I had thought of doing the London to Cambridge bike ride at the end of July, but I'm not sure if I have enough time to prepare.
Off to the Hospital now.

7 comments:

DL said...

What was I doing wrong? I couldn't get the pedals to go on.
What colour's the Strada Speciale and di you buy the frame or a built-up bike?

CharlieT said...

Bit stiff the pedals, but got them on. Built up, Dark blue.

Anonymous said...

Charles,
So glad you are at home. PLEASE take it easy and don't do to much. Hope you get a good report from the doctor today. Glad the pedals are back on...although not sure what you are talking about but I think bicycle pedals. So, you bought yourself a new "Rolls Royce" also, very nice. I think your children should also each receive one if mom and dad have one. Then you can all go out riding together like the Royal Family.
By the way, who is this Susan Boyle? She keeps making the news over here in the U.S. I guess she has been discovered on an English television show about talented people. I caught her singing a song from Les Miserables on You Tube and she was good...although I couldn't take my eyes off the female judge, wow, is she pretty.
Hope the neutrophils continue rise.
Hang Tough,
Gerry

DL said...

This is really wierd - through a bizarre process of "blogmosis" your missing weight has arrived up north as I also am now nearly 14 stones.
Please take the time to send a picture of the Speciale - London to Cambridge would be good but it's a suprisingly hard ride - last time I did it on the tandem, each time I had to stop to rub my legs, Sarah did star jumps and other stuff to humiliate me.
Must be great for the family to have you back home.

Unknown said...

congrats again on coming home - we've been away this weekend (at a wedding with prince william, woooo!) but we'll be back on brookfield later - hope to see you. will try to keep the kids away with all their myriad bugs.
love RTDJ and Sx

Anonymous said...

Everybody back at the ranch is really excited you're back home. Lots of "ah"'s and "bloody brilliant"s. You remember to TAKE IT EASY!!! Will be away for 2 weeks now - finally moving house this Friday!!! Will be in touch with Paul to check on your progress. We're really busy here but everything is going ok. Can't believe it will be Cereals next week....where has this year gone. Ryan will be 6 in a couple of weeks but already demonstrating that "whatever" approach. No one told me expect that in any of the classes!!!! Take care hun and speak to you soon. Trace xx

Anonymous said...

WOW - you managed to get out quick... it took me best part of a month. So well done and keep up the good work. It must be so much nicer to be at home, so enjoy being able to potter in the tomato patch.

We'll no doubt not see you tomorrow in Cambridge, but will raise a slice of cake to you and your continuing improvement.

Best wishes

Xanthe