Sunday 10 May 2009

BedTime

I've had news that they have a bed for me tomorrow morning bright and early, which is great.
Yesterday we managed to go and see the new Star Trek film. One advantage of not getting a bed earlier in the week. Cinema's are a restricted zone for a few months after the transplant, so it was my last chance to go. It is a good film, even for someone who can remember the original series. I'd recommend it.
So I'd better finish cutting the grass and get my packing done. Not sure when I'll next get a chance to post this out, I'm going to have to figure out the hospital
web access etc. Tomorrow I'll probably get a big dose of chemotherapy (melphalan) and large volumes of fluids to protect my kidneys. One of the side effects is nausea (I'm not surprised) but they have really good anti sickness stuff these days. I'll get back to you all as soon as I can.
Cheers. C

6 comments:

Phil said...

Like an obedient cutting, I'll be rooting for you. Good luck
P

CharlieT said...

Thanks. Gerkins looking good by the way. I meant to thank you sooner- but you know what I'm like - now I need a pickling recipe.

Karen said...

Hurray! Sort of excellent news in the getting on with it sense. Will be thinking of you tomorrow, hope that dose of chemo not too nasty and all goes well. Looking forward to hearing from you soon
Karen x

Anonymous said...

I'm not used to this blogging, think I've just lost the message I was posting!
Hope you got your bed today and are settling in.
Barrie suggests cutting your hair short as it's less traumatic than lovely locks(like yours!) falling out in handfuls later.
He is in bed feeling really sorry for himself with the effects of his chemo. Now we understand why older people are so obsessed with their bowels and how it makes them feel...
I did a 5 mile Retail Therapy Walk for myeloma research in London yesterday with sister, daughter and sis in law. We had a great day around Chelsea and Knightsbridge! They expect to have raised over £50,000 for 'the cause'.
Take care
Love
Monika x

Unknown said...

Charlie - this blogging is fighting back - you may get multiple comments/emails - ... original msg was: Grunty Fen! .. I'll take it as a compliment...and I won't remind you of the strange nosies you used to make back in Bristol all those years ago. Cropped hair looks cool + double crowns are always in fashion! Good luck - and I'll track down some dutch jokes for you .. clogs and Dykes, etc... Rob xx

Bellesmam said...

hi. good luck today. i hope you get internet access, i had no luck when I was bedridden with BELLE!

take care of you. drink mint tea (helps with nausea) chew on candied ginger (helps with nausea)

kisses and hugs from me and B