Tuesday 12 May 2009

More Zero

I have had my little cells back this afternoon with no ill effects, although J says I smell of tinned Sweetcorn and Garlic. I could taste tinned sweetcorn for about 10 minutes but since then (3 hours ago) I am oblivious. J has an averson to this smell as she was sick on it as a child. Amazing how these things stick with you.
Didn't sleep much last night. I was sharing with another and between us we managed to wake each other up alternately almost every hour. He then woke up at 6 put on his radio and then snored for the next 2 hours. Ah well. I though that several years at boarding school would have prepared me for sharing with others. But I guess 40 years have passed since then, although I seem to manage the hospital food OK at the moment. It's better than the school food if I remember correctly.
Happy Birthday Josh.
C

5 comments:

Jane and Martin said...

Hi Charles!
We all like tinned sweetcorn and garlic in our house! I must say though, I did agree with the courgette recipe though.
Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight.
Lots of love to you all,
Jane, Martin, Sam, Heidi and Lara xxxxxxxxx

Graham said...

Hi Charles,

found you at last!

Glad you've found your Olympic sport and look forward to watching you perform in London 2012 ;)

Too late to vote I guess, but for the record I vote for you to spend your quite hours knitting a little rug from all the strands. I think it would suit you :}

I've spent most of the day sat shotgun to Josh while we've explored the Wolds in the car; being kangarooed across junctions, swung wildly around corners without any fear whatsoever, and generally left feeling shaken not stirred! Oh to be 17 again!

Anyway, hope things go OK and you get some sleep tonight. Take care - keep pissing. Graham

Jeanette said...

I think Neil has more of an aversion than me, he swears he was enjoying sweetcorn until I threw up over his dinner! Sleep well sweetheart, see you in the morning xxx

Anonymous said...

Is there a better smell than garlic? I always knew you had a little Italian in you.
Gerry

karen said...

Hope you slept well or at least much better than before. Hospitals are not conducive to sleep are they anyway....too much noise. Hope the day uneventful and the smell fading. Interviewing today at work and then off to see the counting crows this evening which should be good. Say hi to J for me. Take care, lots of love K xx