Thursday 21 May 2009

Day nine

Interesting day yesterday. I'm glad I commented on the wheat as I can no longer see it. Don't panic, blindness isn't a side effect, they just moved me to another room on the other side of the building. So now I have a view over the city and in the distance, presumably over Grunty Fen, I can see Ely Cathedral, If the light's in the right direction. Nice to have a change of view.
I was taken for a chest X-ray this morning. Don't know why.
Yesterday I had a really good day. I think it must be pay-off day today as I'm not so good. Slight headache, sickness has returned, and I'm very tired.
Thank you all for your kind comments, and Lynda for keeping the household running and for the latest news of our wildlife and plants etc.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Charles
Sorry to hear you're not so good. I guess the view must be amazing from the 10th floor - I never got any higher than the 3rd...

The blokeyness of the blog is evident, I suppose, and I guess I'm as responsible as the next beer swilling oaf (and coincidentally the next beer swilling oaf is Ron). Y'see, there I go again.
I guess blokes express empathy in a slightly less empathic way than girls do. I'd jushh like to shay, *hic* I love you, man. Wheresh my shoeshs *hic*?

All our love
RTDJ and *hic* S x

Anonymous said...

Charles,
Hope the roller coaster of sickness goes away quickly. My wife and daughter are off the Orlando, Florida for five days. It's just me and my son at home for five days. Every year my wife and daughter go away for a few days and my son and I love it. We eat out or order out every meal. We even use paper cups and plastic utinsils so we don't have to do any dishes at home. This way Rachel can't complain that we made a mess when she returns. I think tonight we are going for Italian food.
By the way, I got involved in the horse racing business. I'm in a partnership with a few guys and own four throughbred race horses. Most of the horses two are good and two are not so good (bad) although we just bought a two yearl old filly at the Ocala, Florida sales for $55,000 ($34,675 GBP). I only own 5% but she is a beautiful horse. I have a small video of her on my FACEBOOK page. Perhaps Jeanette can show it to you. Enough for now.
Hang Tough, Gerry

Helen said...

Well I'm obviously crap at this blogging effort as my story about Ron, Sam and the gerbil didn't make it on here yesterday. At least Sam has been there to update you and give you a laugh.

I hope your shepherds pie managed to stay in for it's entire journey and that you didn't have to call the wee man back to unblock the pipes.

Hope tomorrow is a better day.

Love Helen & Ron xx

Karen said...

Hi Charles
Hope today is a better day for you. Everyone this end thinking of you and sending lots of love

Karen xx