Thursday 11 June 2009

Day 30

Hi all, My posting on this blog is poor at the moment. I think I'm associating it with feeling unwell, which I still do on occasion but generally I feel well. I had a cold last week but that seems to have cleared up quite quickly. They tell me that I will be a bit like a baby, in that I will get lots of colds and sniffles as I work my way through all the various strains of the common cold. Hopefully I'll avoid the more serious stuff like chickenpox, measles, shingles etc. I will get all my immunity jabs at about 6 months post transplant. Of course if all children had these then it wouldn't be a problem.
Thanks to all of you who continue to send me good wishes and goodies through the post and to those of you who drop in and see us. Much appreciated.
I had my Hickman line out on Monday. Not too bad an experience, though they said I rather 'liked' it in that my body was assuming it was part of me. I think this means that it took a lot of tugging to get it out.
We have now booked our Scottish trip, and I can supply more detail if you are really that interested.
I'll try and post more frequently.
C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charles,
Thanks for the update on your progress. Keep it up. The Scottish trip sounds like a good time will be had. Hello to the family.
Hang Tough,
Gerry

George Cowie said...

Nice to hear you are getting on well.
Sorry wasn't able to pop into see you on my clinic visits.
I'm waiting on NICE to finally approve Revlamid then its up to the PCT. Jenny Craig has put me on Dexamathasone and Oramorph at the moment as a maintenance course.

Hope to see you at the Centre sometime when either of us might be up to it. You can pop in any time Mon-Wed doesn't have to be on Myeloma group days.

Regards,
George