Saturday 6 June 2009

Day 25

Hello again. I'm so busy at the moment I find it hard to find time to get this done.
Yesterday was clinic day. Sam and I arrived at 10:45 and were seen at 14:30. This is the price we pay. Still, all was reported as good. Neuts up to 1.08 since Tuesday. This means that I can clear out my small home pharmacy, as I only need to take 2 tablets on a regular basis, and one of those is for sickness. My daily anti blood clotting injection also stops. Also good as I'm black and blue after 9 months of it. My next appointment is in 3 weeks. So really we're on our own now.
On Monday I'll be getting my Hickman line removed, which I'm really looking forward to, as I'm not in to extreme body piercing. It's done under local anaesthetic, so we should be in and out pretty quickly.
The ******* chickens got into the veggie patch the other evening. As they have almost stopped laying I was sorely tempted to do the deed and put them out of our misery, but didn't. Grrr. Luckily they didn't do too much damage other than dig up a couple of butter nut squash, which we put back in. Lets hope they survive. The squash that is, not the chickens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charles,
Keep the good news coming and the neubs on the rise.
I also had a problem in my garden but with rabbits. I stopped growing vegetables because of them. Now I plant mostly perennials and a few annual flowers.
A chicken and an egg are lying in bed. The chicken is smoking a cigarette with a satisfied smile on its face and the egg is frowning and looking a bit pissed off. The egg mutters, to no-one in particular, "Well, I guess we answered THAT question!"

Hang Tough,
Gerry

Unknown said...

Our chickens are laying like fury. They grub up all the plants when they escape, but I'll forgive em anything.
Great to hear you're being less intensively managed - a v good sign.

Helen said...

Hi Charles,

Great to hear and see you are making such great progress. So much so that there's a rumour going around that you were seen chasing papers which some errant Dr had thrown all over Brookfield Road. So much for data protection!

I also hear that you made it to the end of the road on your bike. Well, that's about three houses further than I get before I need oxygen so perhaps we should go together and we might make it across London Road by the weekend.

Love Helen & Ron xx