Friday 7 August 2009

Update

I saw my consultant last night. I'm due for a bone marrow biopsy, probably at the end of the month. This is to check on what is going on following the SCT and to supplement blood test results. I had some blood taken yesterday but I won't know the results for a little while. I also requested that I have a scan of my hip as this is still causing me grief and pain most days, though it is controllable with pain killers.
I hope to be back at work at the beginning of September and have a meeting with my manager next week to discuss my phased return. The thought at the moment is to go back for two or three days a week and build up the hours over the next month or three. In a way I'm looking forward to being back. We'll see.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Fingers crossed for the biopsy, hopeeverything goes well.

Glad to hear you'll be joining the prestigious ranks of the part-timers, although I'm sure there are those who might say you were already there though....;-)

Have you felt a bit weird being an outsider at harvest? I'm still not used to it 3 years on...they're cutting the Gladiator in the field next to our garden as I write and the sound of the combine still makes me panic that I haven't finished scored everything... No point in asking the farmer what it yields he won't have a clue - he didn't even know what variety he was planting, just muttered something about PBI...
Glad you enjoyed the highlands - whereabouts did you get to? Manage to bag any munroes?

P

Anonymous said...

Charles,
Thanks for the update. Hoping and praying for good results on your tests. Back to work on a part-time basis is one more step closer to recovery. We've had a great amount of rain in New York State this summer. The farmers are not to optimistic about their vegetables. They will be late in harvesting.
Hang Tough,
Gerry